|at Blockstack PBC (view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Remote · Full time
We’re seeking a technical evangelist to drive awareness and grow adoption of our developer products. Working with the growth team, you’ll come up with strategies to share the benefits of building on Blockstack amongst engineers and app founders in the Asia. As an experienced developer, speaker, writer and community leader, you’ll be advocating for a new decentralized internet where users have fundamental digital rights, and a world where apps“Can’t Be Evil.” In this role, you will work closely with developer communities to promote development of apps in the Blockstack ecosystem and grow our open source community.
- Grow community of developers to build apps & tools on top of our platform. This may entail sharing technical knowledge and use cases for Blockstack amongst developer communities.
-Represent Blockstack at panel discussions, tech talks, industry and technology conferences and events.
- Serve as a major face of the Blockstack platform at community events. You will be the engineering presence at 90-95% of our hackathons.
- Create and nurture relationships with key developers
- Help drive strategy for deep evangelization into other communities of developers working on decentralized applications
- Participate as a leader in the Blockstack developer community
- Partner with our Digital Community Partner, Event Planner and communities across the globe to organize, speak at, and recruit for technical events such as meetups, user groups, hackathons, conferences.
- Regularly publish technical content: code samples, sample apps, webinars, podcasts, video interviews, blogs, etc.. Also soliciting and organizing community contribution to generating content above.
- Foster signups/trials, increasing our market's diversity and global reach
- Engage with developer community online, helping with issues they may encounter(forum, email, slack)
- Travel often(75% of the time). We expect you to be at at least 1 event every week.
- Advocate for developers internally and provide feedback on real-world pain points in the developer journey. Effectively communicate learnings and feedback from the field to internal stakeholders such as engineering and product team.
- Mission driven and passionate about decentralization, blockchain, open source, and digital rights
Required skills and qualifications
- 5+ years of combined experience in either application building, decentralization and distributed systems, and evangelizing other highly technical projects
- 1+ years of Open Source Code Compilation, Debugging and Customization
- Deep understanding of the technology and the space of blockchain, decentralization, and digital rights
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing in articles and solution references, slide presentations, technical demonstration scripts or tutorials
- Excellent public speaking skills with 1+ years experience presenting to technical audiences
- Diplomatic, knows how to engage on opportunities to align activities for mutual benefit
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ready to apply experience and dialog to clarify expectations on-the-fly
- Willing to travel 75%, discipline to work from anywhere
- Familiar with back-end languages and environments like Python and NodeJS, experience with SQL and other database systems
- Understanding of public-private key encryption protocols
- Experience with cloud storage(such as EC2)
-Experience working for a rapidly scaling start-up
-Active participation in Open Source communities
-Active on Stack Overflow
-Experience in open source software project(s) with 10+ other contributor