|at Digital Asset Holdings (view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
We work with some of the world’s largest companies, to build scalable and flexible systems that streamline business operations. Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you.
We have built the DAML, which is the centerpiece of our approach to distributed ledger technology. DAML is a smart contract language that consists of a strongly-typed purely functional core extended with domain specific constructs to express the flow of rights and obligations underlying today’s multi-party business processes. Application Developers using DAML are supported by the DAML SDK. It provides a type-safe integration of DAML with existing technology like Java, Scala, XML and SQL, and contains DAML Studio, which provides a modern IDE experience to develop, test, and analyse DAML programs.
As the DAML-on-X team we are responsible for providing multiple platforms for DAML developers to run their DAML applications on. We enable DAML developers to choose the platform whose security and performance characteristics best suit their use-case. For this purpose, we maintain the open-source DAML Integration Kit (https://docs.daml.com/daml-integration-kit/index.html), contribute code to the DAML runtime maintained by our sister team, and work closely with our platform partners to enable their ledgers to support DAML in product.
- Working on Digital Asset’s Scala code bases, writing Scala code.
- Supporting our platform partners with architecture and implementation work.
- Developing and improving the DAML Integration Kit and related tooling.
- Coming up with ideas on how to make things better, both for us and for our users.
- Following a collaborative approach that factors, embraces, and insists upon diverse perspectives. We are a smallish team, so everyone matters, and all opinions are valuable.
Required skills and qualifications
- Experienced functional programmer as demonstrated by either your open-source libraries (Hackage/GitHub) or commercial experience.
- Writes good, clean, effective code.
- Existing experience with developing production systems is useful.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.