|at Digital Asset Holdings (view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
We work with some of the world’s largest companies, to build scalable and flexible systems that streamline business operations. Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you.
- Deliver high quality and well-tested code efficiently and at pace.
- Contribute to the development of cutting-edge distributed ledger technology innovations that will be deployed with one of the world’s most consequential market infrastructures.
- Develop and refine feature specifications and deliver high-quality software components and end user experiences within an Agile development environment.
Required skills and qualifications
- Ideally, 5+ years experience as a software engineer, working in a globally distributed development environment.
- Proven history of delivering high-quality, increasingly complex, highly available and scalable distributed systems, using Agile methodologies.
- Excellent programming skills and experience in at least one modern and/or functional programming language on the JVM including, but not limited to, Java 8+, Scala, Kotlin.
- Strong programming fundamentals (data structures and algorithms).
- Self aware and thrives on continuous learning.
- Strong command of distributed systems development.
- Deep understanding of secure coding practices.
- Experience developing software targeting Linux and Windows environments, including an adept ability to incorporate open source software as appropriate.
- Courage of convictions with a high degree of humility. Embraces constructive feedback and is resilient.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, or related discipline.