|at Block.one (view profile)|
|Location||BLACKSBURG, United States|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
We are looking for engineers to work as part of an agile team to implement and contribute to our automation platforms, while ensuring complete test coverage in a CI/CD environment. In this role, you will collaborate with other engineers to ensure high quality and rapid releases. You will also seek to identify weaknesses in our code, quantify the effects of them, and suggest or implement solutions.
- Design and implement highly reliable and authoritative tests.
- Ensure a high level of build health through monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Work with product-facing developers to implement automation platforms, infrastructures, and processes.
- Work with automation staff and other Software Developers in Test to improve and augment the automation platforms so they are relevant and consumable for your agile team.
- Help maintain build pipelines by assisting with deployment automation.
Required skills and qualifications
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in development and/or test automation.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization, especially with a focus on automation.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- A technologically flexible approach to making software, with a focus on patterns over tools.
- Proficiency in at least one modern language.
- A basic understanding of probability and the scientific method and how they might apply to developing high quality software.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance on tasks.
- Embrace of agile and iterative processes.