|at DFINITY Foundation (view profile)|
|Location||Palo Alto, CA, United States|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
We are building the first scalable and secure public computing infrastructure. Creating a simple and performant application environment on a decentralized computing platform requires solving many novel systems-level challenges. DFINITY is looking for experienced systems-level engineers to invent solutions to these challenges while building the next major application development platform.
Don’t know blockchain or cryptography? That’s OK! We have some of the best experts in the world to teach you. Bring your awesome systems software skills and help us create something amazing.
- Design and build the API and underlying protocols for the next major computing platform.
- Set the technical direction for and help divide the work among a team of experience engineers.
- Deliver quality code along with tests and good documentation
- Optionally, work directly with key application developers and represent DFINITY at industry conferences and events.
- Collaborate with our world class Research team to ensure what you are building is provably secure and correct
Required skills and qualifications
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Strong knowledge and experience building large-scale services and distributed systems
- Comfortable with hardware architectures, networking, and operating systems
- Experience as a tech-lead of small to medium sized teams
- Good written communication and cross-site collaboration skills
- Background in Math or Cryptography a plus, but not required
- Experience running production services 24x7 a plus