|at DFINITY Foundation (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
Systems software developers at DFINITY work on a broad array of problems including:
- Building a scalable, secure, and deterministic application runtime,
- Installation, upgrade, and monitoring of our software across adversarial networks,
- Monitoring and reasoning about the behavior of a network containing adversarial nodes
- Automating all operations of the network to allow it to run “lights out”, not requiring human interventions
We know and respect that great software engineers come from a great variety of backgrounds. Where you come from is of interest to us, but what we care most about is what you can do.
What kind of engineers are we looking for?
- First, we seek a passion for building quality production systems software and tools. Research is an important component of what we do, however our first passion is for changing the world by shipping software.
- Second, we are looking for team players who enjoy working alongside other brilliant people to come up with the best solutions together.
- Finally, curiosity and open mindedness are critical. No one has built one of these before! The problems are challenging, and we need innovators to help solve them.
Required skills and qualifications
Some of the things that may be helpful preparation for a role at DFINITY include:
- Experience shipping significant software systems or tooling as part of a medium to large organization.
- A deep understanding of at least one systems software language, like C, C++, or Rust. Our systems developers work primarily in Rust and WebAssembly (we will help you learn them).
- Experience deploying and operating systems that run 24x7x365 and building the monitoring, alarming, and tooling required to keep them healthy. Experience building systems that software developers and end-users love.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or closely related field. The unique challenges at DFINITY have attracted many engineers with advanced degrees, however your practical experience is more important to us than your educational background.