|at DFINITY Foundation (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
Distributed Systems Engineers at DFINITY work on many fascinating problems, including:
- Our core consensus algorithm
- Secure distributed message routing
- Payment, Voting, System Governance, and Versioning
We know and respect that great software engineers come from a great variety of backgrounds. Where you come from is of interest to us, but what we care most about is what you can do.
What kind of engineers are we looking for?
- First, we seek a passion for building quality production systems software and tools. Research is an important component of what we do, however our first passion is for changing the world by shipping software.
- Second, we are looking for team players who enjoy working alongside other brilliant people to come up with the best solutions together.
- Finally, curiosity and open mindedness are critical. No one has built one of these before! The problems are challenging, and we need innovators to help solve them.
Required skills and qualifications
Some of the things that may be helpful preparation for a role at DFINITY include:
- Experience shipping significant software systems or tooling as part of a medium to large organization.
- A deep understanding of at least one systems software language like C, C++, or Rust. Our distributed systems components are first being built in Rust (We will help you learn)
- Experience deploying and operating systems that run 24x7x365 and building the monitoring, alarming, and tooling required to keep them healthy. Running as a decentralized system means re-inventing the way we do “operations” but the things you have learned to date will still be helpful.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. The unique challenges at DFINITY have attracted many engineers with advanced degrees, however your practical experience is more important to us than your educational background.