|at paxos (view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is a digital dollar and the world’s first regulated crypto asset. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it is the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange. We also offer related trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Post-Trade: Our Post-Trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify post-trade confirmations for precious metals, other commodities and FX markets. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service in late 2018 and has already confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a key member of the engineering team, you will have influence on our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a high quality product. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
This is the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, small, and flat organization responsible for developing our industry leading products from design to production, as well as overseeing multiple projects from end-to-end. This role will be reporting to the engineering manager in the London office. If you’re looking for an opportunity to directly see your work impact the business and the future of finance, then this is the job for you! We welcome diverse engineering backgrounds and are able to offer highly interesting challenges across all our teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Senior Engineers contribute to more than our product – they build up our team. Through a combination of mentoring, technical leadership, and/or direct management of smaller teams, they make others better and raise the bar for all around them.
- You will produce a work output by taking a complex user story, breaking it down into sub-tasks, and completing the sub-tasks with relative ease – own design, coding, testing all the way through deployment of each of those sub-tasks.
- You will strike the right balance between fixing the problem at hand and focusing on finding the root of the problem. For example, if it’s a production issue the priority is to fix the immediate problem and collect all the data necessary for root cause analysis. In a non-production environment, the focus should be on finding the root cause and fixing it the right way to make sure the problem doesn’t occur again.
Required skills and qualifications
- You are an experienced engineer who is master of at least one domain. This could be a functional domain like Securities or Precious Metals or a technical domain like Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, AWS, etc.
- You demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering concepts. Strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- You can understand and articulate the design and architecture of the entire system.
- You are eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- You feel comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Marketing, HR, etc.)
- You are driven to learn new technologies
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- A fun, vibrant office environment in London with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to modernize Finance.