|at Block.one (view profile)|
|Location||NORTHERN VIRGINIA, United States|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer to focus on Operations Security Engineering, Penetration Testing, and Remediation Support for Infrastructure Operations.
- Work as part of a team delivering application and network security assessments.
- Perform web application penetration testing, automated code reviews, and network penetration testing.
- Manage project tasks and deadlines for teams spanning multiple timezones.
- Create unique testing tools and integrate vendor tools to assist in project goals.
- Identify vulnerabilities found in systems; and then clearly communicate vulnerabilities to both technical and non-technical operational staff for remediation.
- Create detailed technical reports explaining technical and business risk of the vulnerabilities found to include actionable recommendations/considerations.
- Participate in project conference calls with engineering and operations stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership/mentorship to the security team.
- Contribute to the security industry through presentations, whitepapers and/or research.
Required skills and qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Performing advanced-level penetration testing
- Performing automated and manual Web security reviews
- Demonstrating high ethical standards
- Applying offensive / red team methodologies
- Strong technical skills in a variety of the following:
- Network penetration testing
- Web Services penetration testing (RESTful and SOAP)
- Familiarity with common open source and commercial testing tools
- SANS or OSCP certifications highly desirable