|at paxos (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
Customer or Business Operations Support
Office · Full time
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is the world’s first regulated crypto asset, fully collateralized 1:1 by the U.S. dollar. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange with trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Post Trade: Based in London, our post trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify commodities post-trade confirmations. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service earlier this year, initially focused on precious metals, but now supporting energy, ags and base metals. Since launch, the Paxos Confirmation Service has confirmed well over 400,000 trades with notional values of over seven hundred billion dollars.
We are looking for a Senior Operations Associate to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. This person will help support firm-wide business operations and strategic infrastructure development for our Post-Trade business. The role will be a unique blend of both developing and delivering best in class business operations including client on-boarding and relationship management for upcoming major hub conversions.
What you’ll do:
- You will actively engage with users and provide scaled support to resolve their issues, identify user trends, and work with cross-functional partners to resolve issues using technology and automation.
- You will serve as subject matter expert in the Commodities space
- You will be first line reviewer for financial crime risks (sanctions, transaction monitoring for AML and fraud risks)
- You will run manual experiments to validate the need for new product features
- You will build a nimble infrastructure that can support an expanding innovative product base. Additionally, we’re seeking someone who can execute all workflows for speed and accurate delivery while participating in strategic reengineering, audit, risk, and new business initiatives.
- You will partner cross-functionally with fellow employees throughout the company to build scale and promote risk mitigation policy.
- You will drive delivery of operational milestones and strategic initiatives set by Operations Management by ensuring rigor through best-in-class project management practices and applying critical thinking to each business decision.
- You will help our customers achieve success with Post Trade features
Required skills and qualifications
- You have 5-10 years of operations experience in the Commodities space
- You have general post trade knowledge, preferably in both Markets and Trade
- You have an understanding of logistics workflows and sanctions screening/KYC
- You have experience working in highly ambiguous, fast-paced environments
- You are comfortable working in a tech-driven environment and are able to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Marketing, People, and Strategic Initiatives)
- You have a track record of achieving success in leading client relationships
- You embody our culture and values
- You have the ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing priorities and demands
- You like to help people. You have a passion for creating great customer experiences and know how to leave a lasting and positive impression
- You can turn customer reported challenges and opportunities into a backlog of projects that you execute on.