|at BitMEX (view profile)|
|Location||San Francisco, CA, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
As a Security Engineer working on Detection & Response at BitMEX, you will be responsible for building systems to detect and respond to advanced threats across our global cloud environment.
BitMEX's growth is exploding and our commitment to be best-in-class for performance, uptime, and security demands active and effective security engineering capabilities.
As a specialist in Threat Intelligence, you will lead our efforts to track advanced adversaries. You will hit the ground running, analyze existing and new attacks against our platform and work with partners across the Security community to ensure BitMEX and it’s users are protected.
This role forms a critical part of our detection capability. The Security Engineer (Threat Intelligence) will lead all efforts to ensure our detection and response teams are armed with the data they need to defend against a myriad of threat actors targeting our platform.
- Stay on top of emerging threats. Ensure that BitMEX infrastructure and users are protected.
- Build and deploy our adversary tracking and monitoring capabilities. Incubate and monitor live adversaries, derive a continual stream of actionable intelligence for ongoing detection and response.
- Enable the detection of emerging threats across our Corporate and Production environments, develop automation to respond, analyze, contain and mitigate.
- Stay abreast of and actively manage security concerns at the OS, container, and application levels.
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Intrusion detection, Incident Response, Forensics and Reverse Engineering of malware.
- Drive improvements to our security roadmap as a result of incident post-mortem activities.
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks during code builds and deployments.
Required skills and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in Intrusion Detection & Incident Response.
- Background in Threat Intelligence with a strong established network within the Security community.
- Deep understanding of internet security issue and threats
- AWS & Cloud security knowledge
- Programming skills
- Experience with operating system internals and hardening
- Excellent communications skills