|at Digital Asset Holdings (view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
We work with some of the world’s largest companies, to build scalable and flexible systems that streamline business operations. Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you.
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer, the Security Engineer will be involved in maturing all aspects of the application and infrastructure security, including identity and access management, data protection, vulnerability management, SIEM, cloud infrastructure, etc, and driving and managing security processes within our globally distributed Engineering team. This role will partner with other team members focused on security governance, policy and procedures to help the firm meet regulatory and compliance requirements (SOC2, ISO27001, GDPR) as we enhance our security posture to meet enterprise grade standards expected from our clients and partners.
What We Are Using:
- Business services (Google GSuite, Docs and Drive, Office365) for identity, data storage and collaboration.
- Cloud services (AWS, GCP) for both corporate and customer-facing services, Kubernetes and Docker containers for rapid deployment.
- Java and Scala for backend development, Haskell for DSL tools and formal methods. GitHub, Bazel, CircleCI, AzureDevOps.
- Agile/Scrum and modern software engineering practices (SBE / TDD / CI / CD etc.)
- Develop and communicate the company’s risk management posture, threat model, and controls for securing cloud infrastructure and related services.
- Swiftly identify and track outstanding risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Drive and manage vulnerability processes and third-party security audits.
- Develop and collaborate on cloud hosted security control architectures, patterns, and processes.
- Design and implement cyber attack detection and countermeasure capabilities based on understanding common attack vectors, malware trends, kill chain, etc.
- Develop sustainable identity and access management solutions.
- Manage data access controls and data loss protection.
- Partner with IT on secure configuration management, logical perimeter design and oversight.
- Partner heavily with security professionals focused primarily on application security and security policy.
- Although it’s not the primary responsibility, take part in operational readiness, incident response and recovery.
Required skills and qualifications
- Ideally, 5+ years experience as a software and/or security engineer, working in a globally distributed development environment.
- Proven history of delivering high-quality, increasingly complex, commercial software products to a global market.
- Minimum of 5 years information security experience securing enterprise infrastructure involving:
- Network security controls e.g. network mapping, monitoring, and vulnerability scanning
- Data Classification and Access Controls, DLP
- Identity and access management
- SIEM and Security Operations
- Anti-malware, ransomware and other end-user controls
- Hands-on security experience engineering pragmatic solutions.
- Servant-leader who drives security processes and themes by example, through tools, and with automation.
- Experience defining and driving the security vision, as well as building and validating sound security foundations.
- Experience meeting regulatory and compliance requirements (SOC2, ISO27001, GDPR).
- Confident & "all in" mentality.
- Collaborative approach that factors, embraces and insists upon diverse perspectives as a strategic imperative.
- Open, strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
- Continuous growth mindset with strong disposition toward innovation and entrepreneurial ways of working.
- Courage of convictions with a high degree of humility. Embraces constructive feedback and is resilient.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, or related security discipline.