|at BitFlyer (view profile)|
|Location||San Francisco, CA, United States|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
Legal, Compliance, Risk, Fraud
Office · Full time
There is an immediate position open for a Regulatory Risk Manager, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer. The role is based in our San Francisco headquarters, located in the financial district.
The ideal candidate will have experience in conducting AML/BSA risk assessments and implementing a compliance monitoring, testing, and remediation program. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of COSO internal controls best-practices, SOX testing and planning, and other enterprise risk management standards.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leading player in a revolutionary industry. You will be an instrumental part of our growth story. A familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is a plus.
- Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of a risk assessment program for the AML/BSA compliance department.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams and business entities to develop, implement, and maintain entity-level internal audit process and procedures, as part of a global Internal Audit/Risk Management program.
- Consult with other departments in addressing risk issues and concerns as they relate to new and/or existing products, procedures, processes and operations.
- Interact with vendors and consultants on risk and compliance matters.
- Assist with State and Federal examinations and internal audits. Work closely with Legal, Finance, Product, Leadership and examiners to develop appropriate controls.
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s level education or equivalent education and/or experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience (Internal Audit and/or Regulatory Risk Management)
- Ability to communicate directly with various team leaders and drive cross-functional projects
- Excellent verbal and written correspondence skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload
- Ability to work under pressure and changing deadlines, and attention to detail are essential
- Interest in Blockchain and cryptocurrencies is a plus