|at BitMEX (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Legal, Compliance, Risk, Fraud
Office · Full time
As a member of the Risk Management Team you will be responsible for facilitating the Market Making desk to efficiently provide liquidity on the BitMEX trading platform by building applications for traders – in order to have an accurate view of real-time crypto-currency balance sheets and positions, risk exposures and profit and loss accounting.
You will also assist the creation of new trading strategies by collecting market data and supporting the creation of new trading ideas by performing data analysis, as well as back-testing new financial product development.
We are seeking highly motivated and innovative engineers to help support the day-to-day operation of our risk management platform and build new features by working with key stakeholders as all levels of the organisation - translating business requirements into solutions.
- Support and improve the existing Risk Management platform
- Maintain tick data platform and market data captures
- Assist traders in trade analysis and backtesting
Required skills and qualifications
- Experience working at an Investment banking or finance related field (e.g. Equities, FX, HFT, Electronic Trading, Data Analytics) with knowledge of financial markets, including derivative products.
- Computer science or engineering degree
- Minimum of 3 years Q/KDB+ experience
- Familiar with Java, Python and Unix based operating systems
- Following TDD/BDD methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and be a confident communicator
- Ability to work comfortably to tight schedules
- Interest in the cypto-currency industry
- Familiar with micro service architectures
- Application deployment via Docker/Kubernetes and high availability (HA) applications
- Familiar with managing automated build, test and deployment pipelines (CI)