|at BitFlyer (view profile)|
|Location||Luxembourg, 🇪🇺 Europe|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
Customer or Business Operations Support
Office · Full time
We are looking for experienced Payment and Transaction Monitoring Specialists who will help us build a world-class and strong company by ensuring our middle- and back-end Customer Support operations run smoothly and that we are fully compliant. Ideal candidates have previous banking/finance industry experience. Familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is welcome and desirable.
We are really happy you have chosen to read our job description out of the myriad of other opportunities out there. It is indeed a unique and challenging opportunity to work for a leading player in this cutting-edge, rapidly-accelerating and revolutionary industry. You will be a vital part of our growth story and outstanding, passionate, friendly team.
- Monitor and handle all transactions: incoming and outgoing as well as refunds.
- Follow all applicable compliance procedures, with special emphasis on AML/KYC.
- Constant collaboration with customer-facing agents and Compliance department to enable seamless customer experience and team work on process improvements and problem solving.
- Identify and proactively act upon all risks (fraud, AML, CTF, security etc.), escalate when necessary.
- Performing investigations using a variety of tools including internal systems, internet searches, proprietary and 3rd party databases.
- Mediating/collaborating with a bank when necessary.
- Identifying, reporting and collaborating on product back-end improvements and bug fixing.
- Handle all ongoing back-office customer support tasks and if necessary, performing any special task within Customer Support or Customer Experience area (both front- and back-end) assigned by management.
- Identify potential improvements for our CS program and take initiative to develop them in collaboration with the COO and Chief Compliance Officer.
- Another duties necessary for smooth office operations assigned by bitFlyer management.
Required skills and qualifications
- Minimum 1-year experience in a consumer-facing customer support preferably in the financial industry or in a high-growth start-up.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products.
- Banking/Financial/Payments industry operations experience with knowledge of banking products and services are required.
- Experience in any of the following industries/areas are a plus: Online Payments, Crypto-currency.
- Experience in fraud prevention.
- Strong analytical and resolution skills.
- Experience in building operational procedures is a big plus.
- Ability to explain financial processes to non-financially educated team members.
- Any experience with technical issue resolution (incl. database queries/SQL) is a big plus.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Resilience to repetitiveness.
- Fluency in 2 or more European languages – fluent written and spoken English is obligatory.
- Preference for German, Dutch or French speakers.
- Japanese is a plus.