|at BitMEX (view profile)|
|Location||San Francisco,CA, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
The BitMEX infrastructure team sits at the core of the business and is responsible for the reliability and scalability of all the services that power the platforms and its developers. As the BitMEX trading platform handles ten of thousands low latency transactions per second, representing several billions of dollars traded every day, we believe our production Kubernetes deployment is one of the highest value worldwide.
We will trust you to
- Administrate and push forward our specifically engineered clusters and their lifecycle, in order to guarantee a high degree of reliability, security, scalability, and confidence at any given time,
- Design, implement and take ownership of new features and tools, for both infrastructure and developers' needs,
- Implement automation, testing, monitoring and alerting for the infrastructure,
- Work closely with various teams across the organization, including the security team, frontend, and engine team in order to spread knowledge and practices around our self-service infrastructure,
- Being able to excel with minimal technical supervision, embrace reliability constraints, be proactive, contribute improvements to the platform, appreciate GitOps, have the ability to adapt to various technologies and be willing to get involved with the Kubernetes community as needed.
Required skills and qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- A demonstrable and in-depth knowledge how Kubernetes works under the hood (e.g. running it yourself, without using GKE/EKS/kops/etc),
- A solid experience with the deployment of traditional applications, but also with the development of distributed services targeting Kubernetes with stringent reliability and performance requirements,
- A clear understanding of container technologies: the tools and challenges around them,
- Ability to excel with minimal technical supervision, embrace reliability constraints, be proactive, contribute improvements to the platform, appreciate GitOps and have the ability to adapt to various technologies.
- Experience with Go, Terraform,
- Experience with jsonnet as a plus.
- Candidates with financial services experience are strongly preferred
Local candidates only. We cannot accept remote applicants at this time.