|at paxos (view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
Business Development and Sales
Office · Full time
To help facilitate this growth, we are looking for a Head of Sales to join the London office team and be a senior leader in our Post-Trade business.You’ll be responsible to help us build and manage a global sales and relationship management team in the fx and commodities markets (precious, base, energy and power).
What you’ll do:
- You’ll focus on hiring and putting systems in place to create a high-performing sales and relationships management organization. You’ll design the hiring plan, execute, set performance benchmark and set an example of client-focused behavior for your sales team in different areas of the world in order to drive the success of the entire team.
- You’ll discover new ways that we can grow our customer base by using our existing customer base.
- You’ll work closely with the Product Team to conceive and execute a data-backed approach to identify and evaluate business opportunities in the commodities ecosystem that can turn into product prototypes.
- You’ll partner cross functionally with internal teams (Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Product, Engineering, etc.) to develop a replicable framework to engage potential new customers for validated use cases.
- You’ll partner with the Head of Marketing to design and execute a sophisticated approach to engage key players in the commodities ecosystem to help build trust in the Paxos brand and establish our products as the leader in the industry
Required skills and qualifications
- You have significant experience in business development, client relationship, sales and/or relationship management
- You’ve spent much of your career in the commodities markets (precious metals, base metals, energy, softs, etc.) managing sales and relationships with market participants
- You have managed and built teams in previous roles
- You enjoy doing sales and relationship management yourself. We expect you to carry some sales responsibility directly, particularly in the early stages, and to acquire first-hand experience in selling our products to our target market
- You care about your customers and understand their problems and needs and communicate those effectively to your product and engineering counterparts.
- You have experience working in highly ambiguous, fast-paced environments.
- You have a track record of achieving success in selling complex products with long sales cycles.
- You can grow a product’s customer-base quickly using a variety of methods like direct sales, channel partnerships, referral programs, etc.
- You have an understanding of the agile product development cycle and how to drive external relationships to accommodate discovery
- You have the ability to leverage a strong track record in building client relationships at the executive level from other domains/verticals to build a playbook for Paxos and its use cases
- You can quickly understand complex topics and solutions as well as business problems. You know what it takes to succeed in driving sales across these new topics.
- You embody our culture and values