|at BitMEX (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Office · Full time
BitMEX is seeking a Global Head of People who will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive human resources (HR) and talent management strategy to support the business and the growth of a young and highly successful company. Based in Hong Kong and reporting to the Global Chief Operating Officer, you are a key hire who will be a part of a very motivated and collaborative management team who wants make the company even more successful. You are a hardworking, smart, resourceful, who has a proven track record in global human resources management from a major financial services firm or technology company. You are confident you can walk into an unstructured work situation, survey the working environment, roll up your sleeves and establish a global people function. You are a team player who loves challenges and likes solving real world issues to make whatever you do a success.
Goals, Success Metrics and Deliverables
You will be responsible for building a Global HR function working with the Company’s Executive Management Team and provide overall leadership and guidance to overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation/benefits and a fostering a culture that follows the core values of the Company.
In the first six months in the role, you will very quickly learn and understand the operations of a highly successful financial services company that trades in cutting edge products. You will implement the results of a global HR and compensation review which will entail: the development of a comprehensive human resources plan including a standardised hiring process, compensation and rating system, and establish a global best in class benefits program. You will draft and implement a human resources/code of conduct company manual as well as talent management policies. You will also build and nurture a team of human resources professionals.
Over the rest of the year, as you will have international experience in dealing with different jurisdiction’s HR practices, conventions, rules and regulations, you will put in place an international HR and recruitment plan for the Company’s overseas subsidiaries and spend time in those offices building out a strong HR team in each location. You will provide strategic leadership on HR, recruitment and talent management topics to the Executive Management team and the Board of Directors on strategic HR issues. You will also identify and implement policies that will help BitMEX be known as a great place to work and an employer of choice.
Required skills and qualifications
Key Skills, Traits and Competencies
- Ability to communicate a vision, strategy and business plan for the People team.
- Ability to get senior managers from different teams to work together towards the same goal.
- Ability to work with / direct strong personalities.
- Ability to communicate clearly, distil the strategic directives from the Executive Management team into actionable items pertaining to the People function.
- Ability to understand BitMEX’s operations and financial products.
- Attention to detail and have excellent organisation skills. Able to prioritize and multi-task, assessing what is mission critical/more urgent when there are conflicting demands
- Ability to communicate confidently to all levels of people and must have a mastery of multiple methods of communication including digital technology and social media outlets, and able to make effective presentations, training and influence people
- Have good judgement, impartiality and be fair in dealing with ambiguous and grey areas. Able to perform under pressure, remain objective and make informed decisions based on facts not emotions, establish reputation for trustworthiness, discretion and transparency.
- Have excellent problem solving, conflict management and negotiation skills so as to be able to find acceptable middle ground to ensure all parties are satisfied with the outcome, resolve conflicts fairly and find ways get people to work together. Able to advocate for employees concerns yet also to enforce top management policies and be able to win trust from both sides.
- Candidates with financial services experience are strongly preferred
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university in a relevant area such as Business, Human Resources or Psychology.
- A minimum of 15 years of HR experience, with at least five years of senior executive HR experience and at least five years of international HR experience.