|at paxos (view profile)|
|Location||New York, United States|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is a digital dollar and the world’s first regulated crypto asset. This stablecoin is backed 1:1 by dollars and offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange. We also offer related trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Post-Trade: Based in London, our Post-Trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify post-trade confirmations for precious metals, other commodities and FX markets. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service in late 2018 and has already confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. This role will be reporting directly to the SVP of Engineering and will have a huge impact on the technical direction of the entire company. This includes providing architectural guidance, mentoring other engineers, evaluating new technologies and industry changes, and defining and leading company best practices. This will also include interfacing with other leading technology companies and universities in the future of the blockchain industry.
What You'll Do:
- You will produce a work output by taking a complex user story, breaking it down into sub-tasks, and delegating and completing the sub-tasks with relative ease – own design, coding, testing all the way through deployment of each of those sub-tasks.
- You will build and lead a strong team of junior and senior software engineers and participate in code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill sets for the team as a whole.
- You will identify and proactively tackle technical debt before it grows into something that requires significant up-front work to resolve. A rule of thumb is to start looking into root cause of issues whenever there is noise. There is no smoke without fire.
- You will strike the right balance between fixing the problem at hand and focusing on finding the root cause of the problem. For example, if it’s a production issue the priority is to fix the immediate problem and collect all the data necessary for root cause analysis. In a non-production environment, the focus should be on finding the root cause and fixing it the right way to make sure the problem doesn’t occur again.
- You'll work cross-functionally across Product, Engineering and Operations business units
Required skills and qualifications
- Significant technical experience building business-critical software applications
- Years of people management experience, including hiring, firing, and developing engineering talent
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, agile, and (sometimes) ambiguous environment with multiple priorities and stakeholders
- Hands on software development experience (“player coach”) and are comfortable writing code
- Have worked in different technical stacks in the past with full-stack exposure (front end, back end, database), with a continuous development/continuous deployment pipeline, possibly in a 24/7 support environment