|at DFINITY Foundation (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
DFINITY is seeking a technically strong innovative and experienced engineering leader for both our Silicon Valley and European teams. Reporting to the VP of Engineering you will be responsible for owning and driving delivery of major components of the DFINITY platform. To be successful in this role, you should be experienced in hiring and scaling organizations, have shipped complex services, thrive in ambiguous environments, derive satisfaction from the growth and accomplishments of your team, and be able to dive deeply into and contribute in discussions about the technical details of what your teams are building (distributed systems, operating systems, database, storage, or programming languages will be very helpful.).
Note: foremost, we are currently looking for great engineering leadership. The scope of your responsibility and your title (Manager, Director, or VP) will be based on your experience and the skills you have mastered.
- Manage multiple projects in the areas of networking, distributed computing, virtual machines, databases and security
- Attracting and hiring great engineers
- Delivering as part of a growing distributed organization
- Ensure code quality and design integrity
- Participate in setting future product strategy
- Create a positive culture of cooperation, ownership, accountability, innovation, and delivery.
Required skills and qualifications
- Background in systems or distributed systems software architecture and experience shipping large-scale 24x7 services
- Successful track record as a manager or executive, delivering products or services
- 7+ years software industry experience
- Deep technical understanding of one or more domains: distributed systems, virtual machines, operating systems, file systems, or databases
- Ability to learn quickly and excel in unchartered territory
- Security-oriented mindset
- An ability to code.. While we don’t expect this to be a daily responsibility, the ability to convince your team you could contribute to and to evaluate their code-base is important
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills