|at BitMEX (view profile)|
|Location||San Francisco, CA, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
As the Director of Corporate Engineering, you will be responsible for all internal applications, services, and corporate technology infrastructure, and will work with all teams within BitMEX to ensure their corporate technology needs are met.
How You will Make an Impact
- Build and grow a team of engineering managers, software developers, and systems engineers to support internal technology needs.
- Build and maintain custom and third party services and tools to support internal teams such as Finance, HR, Recruiting, and Customer Support.
- Lead complex engineering projects and initiatives that require coordination across multiple business groups and timezones.
- Work closely with our DevOps Team to deploy, scale, and ensure the reliability of our internal services.
- Partner with our Security Team to ensure the safety of our infrastructure and data.
- Identify any and all internal technology gaps and build solutions to fill them.
- Develop and regularly report on success KPIs that measure company productivity against engineering investment.
Required skills and qualifications
- 7+ years in a similar leadership role.
- Experience managing teams of Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Support Engineers
- Demonstrated team management and team building skills, and the ability to hire, develop, motivate and challenge staff members.
- Ability to hold team members and other departments accountable, while maintaining good working relationships with them.
- Experience working in financial institutions such as investment banks and banks.