|at Digital Asset Holdings (view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Engineering, Software Development
Office · Full time
We work with some of the world’s largest companies, to build scalable and flexible systems that streamline business operations. Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you.
About Community Growth Team
The Community Growth Team is responsible for expanding an active community of developers building with DAML across all industries, company sizes and geographies. Community growth covers developer acquisition, retention, engagement, ultimately creating a healthy, self sustaining community that drives revenue to other parts of the company and our partners. The Community Growth team apply the scientific method to business KPIs, relying on data, optimising conversions and testing hypotheses.
Developer Advocates are responsible for building a vibrant community of developers leveraging the DAML smart contract language, acting as a community liaison to the relevant internal product development teams, and proposing and executing projects that can grow the overall DAML community. This candidate would be responsible for New York City and the Eastern United States.
Developer Advocates participate in related communities, such as open source blockchain projects, functional programming, or industry specific developer events to promote the adoption of DAML and provide competitive intelligence and identifies opportunities for expansion.
Required skills and qualifications
- Increase the adoption of the DAML SDK by engaging with potential developers.
- Propose, execute and test measurable hypotheses to increase developer acquisition, activation, retention and referrals.
- Host, attend and participate in developer events such as meetups and hackathons.
- Engage existing community members to convert them into referrers.
- Generate developer focused content such as blog posts and educational articles.
- Work closely with internal teams to capture and prioritize end user and partner requirements for the DAML SDK.
- Monitor and participate in various open source initiatives related to DAML.
- Refer leads to revenue generating parts of the business and external partners
- 3+ years experience as a software developer working on developer facing products.
- Experience working with open source projects and communities
- Comfortable programming in at least 2 languages, preferably one of which supports higher-order functions.
- Experience organizing or attending meetups and other developer focused events.
- Open, strong communicator, effective across groups, locations, and cultures, both in-person and virtually.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities.
- Some ability to travel occasionally for outreach and internal team get-togethers.
- Prefers autonomy. You enjoy an environment where you’re making your own decisions; not being told what to do next.