|at Brave Software (view profile)|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 27, 2019|
Data Science, Machine Learning
Office · Full time
The candidate will create models and systems and analyze data for the privacy-preserving ad delivery system that is built into Brave.
The candidate will work continuously with both researchers and engineers.
Required skills and qualifications
- close familiarity with ad tech
- familiarity with Thompson sampling, contextual bandits, and related techniques
- familiarity with privacy-preserving ML techniques
- familiarity with security and fraud prevention (optional)
- ability to read and understand scientific papers and to reduce research findings into practice
- experience with software development via distributed development teams
- comfortable working in an open source setting
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- proven record of getting things done
- good knowledge of python, or other language for model training, working knowledge of C++/Rust for browser components
- MS or PhD in Computer Science; we may consider a related quantitative discipline in exceptional cases
We expect the successful candidate to have experience with most widely-used languages, platforms, and libraries and to learn things on the spot whenever necessary. Experience with both building and deployment models using cloud backends such as AWS or Azure is required, however.