|at Digital Asset Holdings (view profile)|
|Location||New York, NY, United States|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2019|
Customer or Business Operations Support
Office · Full time
We work with some of the world’s largest companies, to build scalable and flexible systems that streamline business operations. Digital Asset is a global company with offices in New York, London, Budapest, Zurich, Hong Kong, and Sydney.
As we grow our team, we will maintain the dynamic, collaborative and pragmatic way of working that has grounded our efforts from the beginning. If you seek to develop solutions others are yet to contemplate, this opportunity may be right for you.
Our experienced DAML Modelers utilize their deep technical and domain expertise to deliver products that meet our clients’ complex requirements. The DAML Modeler will work within a global Agile environment to design and develop these products. The success of the company and products’ evolution will be based on the DAML Modeler ability to solve market structure and workflow problems with pragmatic and efficient code.
Required skills and qualifications
- Design creative solutions, products, and methods that drive our product strategy and scope
- Collect and define requirements based on a dynamic assessment of functional and non-functional capabilities
- Develop formal models of business processes and propose innovative improvements to them through pragmatic and efficient code
- Contribute to the evolution of DAML
- A deep understanding of financial markets and processes; The candidate must understand the strategy of markets as well as its mechanics; Knowing the underlying motivation and impetus for market behaviors will enable the candidate to formulate stronger approaches and solutions
- DAML Modelers are often asked to be a ‘one person show’ and must be capable of taking an abstract idea and turning it into a strategic, pragmatic solution in code and/or well specified requirements
- Excellent computer science fundamentals; Command of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns with ability to fluently translate them into working, elegant code.
- A careful blend of creativity and pragmatism; Digital Asset is part of a community bootstrapping a technology and demand for the technology while simultaneously on tight delivery timelines
- Committed to sustainable, tested development, and quality as evidenced by pursuit of design excellence and use of leading automated testing tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience successfully collaborating with others in a dynamic, fast-paced, pressured environment
- Ability to effectively summarize and present findings to senior level executives within DA and at clients
- Financial engineering experience as a “quant,” “strat,” or algo trading developer
- Excellent communications skills, comfortable presenting complex concepts in front of a packed room of clients
- Skilled in leading and working within an Agile environment, including participation in daily scrum meetings, backlog management, sprint definition, and retrospectives, preferably within a global team