|at paxos (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2019|
Business Development and Sales
Office · Full time
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is a digital dollar and the world’s first regulated crypto asset. This stablecoin is backed 1:1 by dollars and offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it’s the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange. We also offer related trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Post-Trade: Based in London, our Post-Trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify post-trade confirmations for precious metals, other commodities and FX markets. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service in late 2018 and has already confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. This person will be a key player in driving customer engagement and building industry relationships.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll focus on the growth of our products in a specific geography. You’ll also work with counterparts in different areas of the world to drive the global success of the entire team.
- You’ll discover new ways that we can grow our customer base by using our existing customer base.
- You’ll work closely with the Product Team to conceive and execute a data-backed approach to identify and evaluate business opportunities in the commodities ecosystem that can turn into product prototypes.
- You’ll partner cross functionally with internal teams (Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Product, Engineering, etc.) to develop a replicable framework to engage potential new customers for validated use cases.
- You’ll partner with the Head of Marketing to design and execute a sophisticated approach to engage key players in the commodities ecosystem to help build trust in the Paxos brand and establish our products as the leader in the industry
Required skills and qualifications
- You have 7-15 years of business development, client relationship, sales and/or relationship management experience under your belt.
- You care about your customers and understand their problems and needs and communicate those effectively to your product and engineering counterparts.
- You have experience working in highly ambiguous, fast-paced environments.
- You have a track record of achieving success in selling complex products with long sales cycles.
- You can grow a product’s customer-base quickly using a variety of methods like direct sales, channel partnerships, referral programs, etc.
- You have an understanding of the agile product development cycle and how to drive external relationships to accommodate discovery.
- You have the ability to leverage a strong track record in building client relationships at the executive level from other domains/verticals to build a playbook for Paxos and its use cases.
- You can quickly understand complex topics and solutions as well as business problems. You know what it takes to succeed in driving sales across these new topics.
- You’ve spent much, of your career in the commodities (precious metals, base metals, energy, softs, etc.) markets managing sales and relationships with market participants
- You embody our culture and values